The Sun God, the Emperor of Glorantha and Ruling Deity of Dara Happa
Manifestations in the WorldEdit
- His primal manifestation is the Sun, the Light of the World and the Source of Justice.
- His earthly manifestation is the each of the Emperors of Dara Happa.
- His other manifestations and attributes are listed in his names.
- Known as the One God, the One Sun, the Godfather, the Keeper and Source of all Justice
- Yelm is the second son of Aether Primolt with Dayzatar, Lodril and Arraz being his brothers.
- He had several sons: most known sons are Buserian, Murharzarm and Shargash.
Myths and DeedsEdit
- He established the traditions of Just Rule which is the basis of Dara Happan Law to this day.
- He married Dendara and had eight sons, the lesser planets.
- He was murdered by Rebellus Terminus and sent to Hell
- From there, he asserted that his death was unjust and brought himself and the Cosmos back to life.
- His runes are Fire, Stasis and Mastery.
- He fought the Rebel Gods
Likes and DislikesEdit
In Dara Happan theology:
- He is the One who is the center of everything.
- Many are subjects, rebels or enemies usually associated with the lesser deities.
- Other is the opponent of the god, mystery which is invisible to him.
- Yelm's holiest day is the summer solstice or Day 68
- The second holiest day is Day 1 or the day of his return.
- Other holy days are Day 145, Day 208 and Day 243
Yelm's worship in Murharzarm's EmpireEdit
The classical form of Yelm's worship was established by his son Murharzarm, the first Emperor of Dara Happa.
Yelm's worship during the Anaxial DynastyEdit
Yelm could not be worshipped as he was dead. Instead worship was offered to the sun in the form of Antirius who was acknowledged as being the immortal portion of Yelm. Eventually Antirius too died and the Great Darkness began.
Yelm's worship during the Jenarong DynastyEdit
When the Sun returned it was worshipped as Kargzant, a deity brought westward from Pent. The obedience to Kargzant was challenged by Dara Happans who sought to revive the worship of Antirius. This in itself was a prelude to the return of Yelm himself.
Yelm's worship during the Khordavu DynastyEdit
His worship was split among six cults; Antirius, Enverinus, Bijiif, Berneel Arashagern, Vrimak and Kazkurtum. In addition, several mythical Emperors were worshipped; such as Urvairinus, Lukarius, Anaxial and Manimat
As the Empire became drawn into the God Project, a new office was established, that of Yelm Imperator. Yelm himself was identified by the Orlanthi as their Bright Emperor and the Dara Happans in turn recognized Orlanth as their god's murderer.
Yelm's worship during the Bright EmpireEdit
Yelm's worship during the Erzanestyu DynastyEdit
The Yelmic religion was reformed by Ordanestyu. Nysaloran ideas about Yelm were condemned as causing the Empire's recent conquest. After a short period of toleration, the Nysalorans were brutally purged.
The Dynasty eventually succumbed to Umbarism
Yelm's worship during the Denesiod DynastyEdit
- Emperor Dismesiod replaced many old offices with the New Officers and the New Witnessess.
- The Officers were used for political tasks
- The Witnesses handled new rituals that were developed by the New Light.
- Yelm was considered not to be the Source of Light and Justice but rather a Manifestation of those concepts which were ultimately unknowable.
- Later during the dynasty, the worship of Yelm became infused with draconism in the guise of the Golden Dragon Society.
Yelm's worship during the Karvanyar DynastyEdit
After the reign of the Dragon Sun, the White Sun Lords led by Karvanyar introduced Carmanian doctrine to Dara Happa. The equation of Yelm with Idovanus started at that time, and the belief of Ganesatarus also introduced to the land.
During the reign of the emperor Karsdevan, the Karsdevanic Purge was executed, which motivated by anti-foreign influence. A-key phrase was "Yelm is not that". The abstraction of the gods was promoted.
Yelm's worship during the Carmanian Dynasty and Lunar EmpireEdit
After the Carmanian Conquest, the worship of Yelm was completely replaced by the worship of Idovanus in many places.
Yelmgatha got help from the Red Goddess. And he became the one of Lunar heroquesters. It was the recovery of Nysaloranism in many ways. Repersonalization was executed to deities among the Lunarized Dara Happans.
- See Dara Happan Empire.
- His most famous weapon is Sunspear.