- They ruled most Peloria at the height of the Carmanian Empire.
- They have lost most of their power since the rise of the Red Moon,
- They still rule their fiefs in the Western Reaches
- They consider themselves superior than common Pelorians
- The Carmanians worship Idovanus as the Lord of Light and everything good.
- Opposed to Idovanus is GanEstoro, the evil lord of darkness.
- Currently, the Western Reaches consist of the Four Satrapies,
- Overseeing Carmania for the Red Emperor is the Governor of the Western Reaches
- Currently this is Palamtales
- Beneath the Satraps are minor governors known as Sirdars
- The Carmanians are famous for their heavy cavalry.
- Founded by Loskalmi exiles, under Syranthir Forefront.
- His son, Carmanos established the worship of Idovanus and became its prophet.
- His descendants were the Shahs of the Carmanian Empire.
- The early kingdom was riven with strife over whether it was right to worship GanEstoro; finally Alijiyah restored peace by establishing dualism.
- They aided Dara Happa and Talastar against the EWF.
- After the catastrophic Dragonkill, ShahTavar overthrew the legitimate shahs and established the dynasty of Bull Shahs.
- The Bull Shahs conquered most of Peloria providing the birth of the Red Goddess
- The Goddess defeated them in several great battles, liberating Dara Happa and other lands.
- The Carmanians were reduced to the Western Reaches in the Blood Kings War, before Aronius Jaranthir brought peace.
- Under the leadership of Magnificus, they aided the Lunars against the Celestial Empire and were rewarded with enhanced prestige after the war.