Primal Storm God.
Names and ImagesEdit
- He was the son of Ga and Aether.
- He loved Asrelia but was barred from her by the Bright Emperor
- The best known list of Umath's children names his five sons:
- He had one daughter Serenha who is described in terms of a female shadow.
- Brastalos is sometimes said to be Orlanth's sister which would make her Umath's daughter.
- Ragnaglar is said to be Umath's son in some myths but in others, he is described as a kinsman of Storm Bull
- In the myth of The Initiation of Orlanth, an unnamed son is mentioned but obviously is Ragnaglar.
- His first thought was "Violence is always an option".
- He appeared at Storm Gate
- He separated the Sky and the Earth to make room for himself.
- He created the Greeting ritual.
- He appears in the First Hospitality myth.
- He defeated Howling Void at Dueling Island with the help of Harana Ilor
- He made Umath's Camp in rebellion with the Law Rock at its centre.
- He welcomed Veskarthen to his camp.
- He fought Jagrekriand many times.
- After Senetum, Umath sought refuge and healing from Zenfel at the Baths of Melimios but was betrayed to Jagrekriand. He killed Zenfel but was killed by Jagrekriand.
- His corpse crashed to glorantha at Umath's Crater and created the White Sea; other parts of his body landed to become the Umath Mountains
- Yavor cut off his head and made deadly darts from his brain.
- Jonstown Compendium#2997 claims that he was robbed of his freedom and eternally imprisoned by the Sky Gods.