- Sartar is occupied by the Lunar Empire through the Army of Dragon Pass
- Its head is the Governor General of Dragon Pass. Currently this is Fazzur
- Sartar is traditionally split into twenty four tribes, each subject to the Prince of Sartar
- The five main cities were governed by a City Ring lead by a Mayor
- The current Prince is Temertain, a puppet without any real power.
- They worship Orlanth and Ernalda
- An estimate of religious worship was compiled in the Reckoning Scroll
- The prior occupants of the land of Sartar were the Orgovaltes, Orlanthland and the EWF
- The country was established during the Resettlement when several tribes moved northwards from Heortland
- The kingdom itself was founded by Sartar, a Larnsti.
- The kingdom was conquered by the Lunar Empire in 1602 ST.
- Since the Lunar Conquest, Sartar has been ravaged by many uprisings such as the Black Arrow Callings, the Righteous Wind Revolt, the Season of Five Storms, the Firebull Moot and Starbrow's Revolt
- Although the tribes of Sartar are presumed to have been stable, Saronil Goodstone ruled some unknown tribes, such as the Estanval and the Nostali but not other known tribes, such as the Torkani