Below is a list of any human spoken languages known in Glorantha
- Writing systems should be listed to Human Scripts.
- Human languages can be divided to several families
- Spoken by the Kresh
- The Hsunchen speak their own totemic language.
- This has been demonstrated to be the same regardless of chronology and distance.
- For example, the Pendali of Dawn Age Seshnela, the Basmoli of Prax and the Basmoli of Tarien all speak the same language despite having no contact with each other for over two thousand years.
Carmanian Language Edit
- Spoken by the Carmanians.
- The oldest logical language.
- Used by the Kachasti to speak to the inhabitants of Western Genertela.
- Prior to its invention, the people of Danmalastan spoke by thought alone.
- It is presumed ancestral to all other logical languages.
- Spoken by the Loskalmi
- Spoken by the Vadeli
- The languages of the descendents of Thinobutu
- A series of dialects spoken on Miirdek
- Each city-state has its own dialect.
- Spoken by Kimotians
- Spoken in the Kumanku Isles.
- Spoken in Flanch.
- Spoken by the Votanki
Dara Happan LanguageEdit
- Spoken by the people of Thrice Blessed
- Said to be unrelated to any other language.
- Spoken by the people of Jarst
- Spoken by the Pelandans.
- From newer material, it seems that there are five root languages in Peloria, one each for the Pelandans, Darjiinians, Rinliddi, Zarkosites and Dara Happans.
- The Zarkosite languages will include not only the Votanki and Vanchites but also the Eolians and the extinct Gamatae.
- The Jarstic language will be related to Dara Happan.
- Spoken by the Pentans and related peoples.
- Each major tribe has its own dialect.
Pure Horse SpeechEdit
- Spoken by the extinct Pure Horse Tribe and the Grazers
- The Grazers do not use it when talking with outsiders.
- It has no written form.
- Spoken by the Praxians of the Wastelands, including the Morocanth
- It has no written script
- A knot script is used to record some information.
- Spoken in Vormain
- Most common language in the Eastern Isles
- Spoken in Teshnos.
- Spoken by the Amazons of Trowjang
- Also known as Therelmic (after Therelma) or Mannish
- Theyalan spearkers can be found throughout southern Peloria, Ralios, Maniria, Fronela, and even Umathela.
- All Theyalan languages are written using the Three Sacred Scripts of Lhankor Mhy.
- Also known as "Aramite"
- Spoken by the Tusk Riders of Dragon Pass.
- It has many Darktongue influences.
- Spoken in the Imperial Age by Orlanthland and the EWF
- Now spoken only by the Old Pavisites.
- It has many loanwords and concepts borrowed from Auld Wyrmish
- The original language of the Vingkotlings
- Ancestral to other Theyalan languages.
- Used to speak to Storm Gods and Wind Children
- Used in many Orlanthi rituals.
- Due to the mythology of the Ygg's Isles, it's thought the Yggites and possibly some other Fronelan Orlanthi will have their own language.
- The Umathelans will have their own languages.
- The Orlanthi of Ralios will have their own languages.
- The Entruli of Maniria will have their own languages.
- Several human languages don't belong to any Language Families:
- Spoken only by the natives of Teleos
- Said to be unrelated to any other language
- The only difference in the tribal dialects are the derogatory names they have for each other.