Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In its largest extent before the dissent and the civil wars:
- It ruled Dragon Pass.
- It made the Kingdom of Night as an ally, or a subordinate country.
- It exacted tribute from Dagori Inkarth, Talastar and Brolia.
- Dara Happa and surrounding lands were conquered.
- It extended into Delela
- It had settlements at Nodnor in Holay and Vindorhall in Delela
- Its historical records were destroyed by the Blue Moon Assassins
- Information about it is scanty and contained in material such as:
- Also known as:
- The people of the EWF were Orlanthi although with many draconic customs.
- Leading the EWF was the EWF Ring, consisting of twelve (later nine) powerful draconic magicians.
- The ring ruled primarily through draconic mystery cults; the cultists paid for their participation with services and tithes.
- In a major reform, the EWF was divided into nine regions, each with a Speaker to the Dragon.
- In addition, the adminstration of the draconic cults was formalized with a Translator to the Infinite place in charge of each draconic hierarchy.
- The Translators in a given province reported to the local Speaker who was alone allowed to speak to his or her dragon.
- EWF religion was based primarily on the achievement of draconic consciousness.
- Often this became turned towards obtaining draconic powers at the expense of draconic consciousness.
- Impatient with their progress to become a dragon, the rulers of the EWF turned the cults from instruments of awareness into sources of power to fuel their magical projects. Chief among these was worship of the EWF Ring as gods.
- The EWF was created when draconic magicians took over Orlanthland
- It has its origin in the teachings of Obduran.
- Its leaders were killed by the Dragon Betrayal in 1042 ST.
- The survivors paid tribute to Pagadash the Conqueror.
- Most of its subjects were massacred in the Dragonkill in 1120 ST.
- Although interpreted as an abbreviation (like Empire of the Wyrm's Friends, Enemies Without Friends or Empire without Friends), EWF is an actual draconic word.