- They divide their men into one of four castes: Commoner, Soldier, Wizard and Ruler.
- Certain Sects and Heresies have modified the caste system, the most common modification being the caste of Knights.
- Castes are normally inherited through the father although in the case of bastardry, the mother's father's caste can be inherited.
- Women have no caste, although in practice they can perform the duties of their father or husband without offense.
- God Learners were neutral on the institution of knights.
- The Loskalmi believe that all men should rise through the castes.
- The higher castes of wizard and lord are only attainable through knighthood.
- The Rokari believe then men should live and die within their castes.
- Their knights are members of the soldier caste.
- People can purchase caste title in much the same way as they can purchase an office or land.
- This is viewed as rank corruption by outsiders.
Some churches hold unique names for each castes:
|Brithini||Dronar or Dromali||Horali||Zzaburi||Talari|
|Carmanian School||(Native Pelandans)||Hazar||Vizier||Carmanoi|